suicide prevention is everybody's business
If you've lost someone
or want to learn more ...
- Central Illinois Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Advocates: Calling for better local service for mentally ill and suicidal patients, and investigating how hospitals can fund the programs we are calling for. Learn more and sign our petition at cimhspa.org
- How to Help a Suicidal Person on Facebook.pdf (download requires Adobe Reader)
- Suicide Support Group: 1-815-438-2345
Hospice of Rock River Valley, 264 IL Rt. 2, Dixon: 7-8:30 p.m. 1st Wednesday each month
- Lifelines: 800-328-9000
- Hazelden Publishing, 15251 Pleasant Valley Road, P.O. Box 176
Center City, MN
- www.NAMI.org/helpline National Alliance on Mental Illness
- SPAN USA (www.spanusa.org) Advocacy and Public Policy Division of AFSP
- The Lighthouse: A newsletter for "Touched by Suicide, Survivors Gather" is published quarterly, and solicits reader submissions pertaining to suicide. To receive a subscription, learn how to submit articles, poems or artwork, and to download several back copies, visit our Lighthouse page.
Local Resources ...
- YSB Solutions Counseling, 815-431-3022 Offices:
- 424 W. Madison St., Ottawa, IL
- 1702 1/2 W. Peru St, Princeton, IL
- 12 Gunia Dr., LaSalle, IL
- 510 N Bloomington, Streator, IL
- 1802 N. Division St., Ste. 312, Morris, IL
- Nancy Carper, MA, Counselor, 815-699-2302 Eckert & Associates
128 E. Main St., Wyanet, IL
- Pat Schofield, 815-875-2192 New Directions
28 East Marion St., Suite 5, Princeton, IL
- Terry Dumyahn, LCSW, 309-692-7755 John R. Day & Ass. Ltd.
28 E. Marion St., Ste. 4, Princeton, IL
- Meg Murphy, 815-879-3227 Path of Life Counseling
Christ Community Church, 1719 S. Euclid Ave., Princeton, IL
- Dave & Shelley Gorenz, 815-872-2273 1009 S. Main, Princeton, IL
- North Central Behavioral Health Systems, 815-875-4458 526 Bureau Valley Parkway, Princeton, IL
- Illinois Valley Community Hospital, Kevin McLendon, LCPC, 815-780-3696 925 West St., Peru, IL 61354
- The Recovery Zone, 815-626-2800 1503 1st Ave., Ste. A, Rock Falls, IL
- Crossroads Counseling Services, 815-288-6655 or 815-539-3888 607 10th Ave., Mendota, IL
- Arrowhead Ranch, 309-799-7044 12200 104th St., Coal Valley, IL
Other Resources ...
- Survivors of Suicide, 309-672-5522, a grief support group
- Methodist Hospital, 221 NE Glen Oak Ave., Peoria
7 p.m., 1st & 3rd Tuesday each month, 4th floor Conf Rm 2
- NAMI Tri-County 309-693-0541 5407 N. University St., Peoria
- Prevention Resources Ctr, 800-572-5385
- Training Facilities, 720 N. Franklin, Ste. 500, Chicago, IL
- Rosecrance Treatment Ctr, 815-391-1000
- Griffin Williamson Adolescent Campus, 1601 University Dr., Rockford, IL
- LivingWorks, the suicide-intervention training company (note: Living Works Suicide Walk is not related to LivingWorks® or affiliated with it except to support and send recruits to its training activities. We received their blessings for naming ourselves “Living Works."